Saturday, November 14, 2015

I have no title for this




I want to go to bed and wake up tomorrow.. and hear that this was all just a nightmare because I watched a bad movie.

So many innocent lives.. people who went to see a football match, to enjoy a concert, to have something to eat and drink. They will never go back to those who loved them.

Can't believe how someone could take someone's life like that in cold blood.

I am scared for a lot of things: which country will be next? Which city will be next? Are we able to protect ourselves?

I am also worried: can our democracy hold? Or will we give into fear of populists?

Will Europe be and stay united as one? United against terror? United against those who were celebrating this in the banlieues?

United against those whose beliefs and laws are fundamentally incompatible with values based on liberté, égalité et fraternité?

But also,.. will Europe stay united for those refugees who truly need help? And who had nothing to do with this?

Posting photos of my latest outfits and shoes seems so shallow and pointless on a terrible and horrific night like this.

My thoughts are with those in the City of Lights.

Je pense à vous tous!

22 comments:

  1. Dear Natassia, many thanks for this post. I fear it remains only to pray ... May the poor souls rest in peace.
    xx from Bavaria/Germany, Rena
    www.dressedwithsoul.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is craziness 100%. What is the world coming to? We'll continue praying for peace. May they rest in peace.
    http://fashionablyidu.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is craziness 100%. What is the world coming to? We'll continue praying for peace. May they rest in peace.
    http://fashionablyidu.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lets keep on praying for paris (my dream destination) and pray that it will not happen to other countries too .

    xo, Monique
    SHE’S MONIQUE

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry to hear this! Although, this isn't just happening in Europe, we hear of violence such as this in our part of the world too - Asia, to be specific. I think we have to pray for a better world and for people to be more human.

    xoxo - Style.. A Pastiche

    ReplyDelete
  6. Its so sad .we have to pray for a better world

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree it can all be very overwhelming. I just prayed & made a decision on a smaller scale to continue defeating all negativity with positive thinking and actions. Hope you are well!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This senseless act of violence really need to stop. my thoughts are with families of those involved. thanks for the visit.
    www.effortlesslady.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great post, Pray for Paris!
    www.alessandrastyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. thanks for sharing this.. I can't tell anything about this tragedy.. pray for Paris
    xx
    cvetybaby.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Humanity is a delicate balance between wise mind and wise heart. Those who have are actively balancing the two and exerting effort into making the world a better place should be applauded and praised. I would love for all of us to be fearless and relentless about the fact that we refuse to give the world away to terrorist forces and to mindless violence. I can't help feel more connected to other mindful humans all over the world who post support and take the time to express their condolences.
    xo
    Style Tomes
    Style Tomes on Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm so shocked with the current crisis and my heart goes out to everyone affected!
    Xx,
    Nilu Yuleena
    BIG hair LOUD mouth

    ReplyDelete
  13. it was sooo heartbreaking to hear of this news!! :D

    Have a great week!
    Animated Confessions

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a devastating tragedy :( i just hope the world could unite for this

    Girl About Town blog

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'ts so sad with whats going on

    ReplyDelete
  16. I was so shocked when this happened.I mean it's 21st century,this kind of things should be way behind us,something only could happen in a worst nightmare.I pray for the entire world to become better and have more humanity.

    mystylishcorner.blogspot.ba

    ReplyDelete
  17. to be honest, I don't think Europe was every united...it is all wishful thinking and we would be betteroff respecting and loving our differences than to pretend we live in an ideal Europe.

    ReplyDelete